A little bit of history
The house belongs to the couple Axel and Irida PANGO-VERMEERSCH. It was formerly the office of Irida PANGO-VERMEERSCH, who is a lawyer. For more information about the lawyer's office : www.ipvlaw.be
Nowadays the couple rents the house to young and dynamic professionnals from all over europe. The average age of the roommates is 25 years. All of them have travelled a lot, are multilinguist and openminded.
The house was built in 1908 in flemish neo renaissance style in Jenatzy street. The street carries the name of Constant JENATZY, belgian politician and industrial, more specific tyre manufacturer. His son, Camille JENATZY, better known as the Red Devil, was a racer, car ingenieur and also a tyre manufacturer. He broke the world record in 1899 with his electric car "La jamais contente" by driving at more than 100 km / hour.
Let's get back to the house ... as surprising as it may seem, this house is the copy of the Guild of arts en crafts also the Saint Lucas Guild of the city of Bruges better known as the Northern Venice. The façade of this house is considered to be one the 400 most astonishing façades of the city of Brussels.
The house was built by the architect P. PICQUET on demand of the most eminent belgian piano manufacturer Gaston HAUTRIVE. In 1900 during the World Fair of Paris Gaston HAUTRIVE received the bonze medal for his pianos. During the World Fair of Liège in 1905 the HAUTRIVE piano's received a golden medal. In 1910 during the World Fair of Brussels and in 1911 during the World Fair of Charleroi Gaston HAUTRIVE received the Grand Price. His pianos became very appreciated in the whole world.
HAUTRIVE'S wife, Lady Marie Jeanne was issued from a notorious french noble familly, the familly LYAUTEY de COLOMBE. It's the same familly as the familly of the french Minister of War Marshal Louis Hubert LYAUTEY de COLOMBE.
Lady Marie Jeanne and Gaston HAUTRIVE died without leaving descendants.